Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: Television Edition: Romance

A weekly series hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves

Thank god this is the last week of February because I've had more than enough of these love-related themes. I guess it's the future spinster in me that's saying that. Anyways, as always, the last week of the month we pick TV series and, without further ado, here are my three picks + a special mention for the week.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (2015-2019)

Plot: It follows Rebecca (Rachel Bloom), a Harvard-educated lawyer who works for a top law firm in New York City. The same day she's offered a partnership, she bumps into Josh (Vincent Rodriguez III), the guy she dated as a teenager at summer camp, who tells her he's moving back to California because he didn't make it in New York City and everyone is happy in his hometown. Rebecca, who still hasn't gotten over the crush, follows Josh to California, only to find out that he has a girlfriend (Gabrielle Ruiz). 

Gossip Girl (2007-2012)

Plot: A group of mostly privileged teens living on the Upper East Side of New York struggle to hide secrets from Gossip Girl, a ruthless and anonymous blogger who is always watching and sharing their secrets. 

I was a teen when this was a thing so of course I watched it and loved it. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it today though. I'd probably drool all over the place when Sebastian Stan, Chase Crawford and Penn Badgley are on screen. Which is something I'd done at the time too. So I guess people don't really change, do they? 

Grey's Anatomy (2005- )

Plot: It follows a group of surgical interns and their residents and the challenges they go through, both professionally and in their personal lives. The latter essentially meaning romantic entanglements. 

It used to be one of my favourite shows for a while — I caught up with 13 seasons in 2 months — but eventually I got tired of it and stopped watching because it was too much about romance and very little about other I guess. 

Special Mention: Formula One: Drive to Survive (2019- )

Plot: It's a documentary series that follows the Formula One World Championship and focuses on the minor pilots, those people know nothing about.

It is such a compelling series and the reason I picked it, although it doesn't fall in the romantic genre, it's that it made me fall in love again with Formula One and, especially with Daniel Ricciardo. The things I reply to him on Instagram... one of these days he's either going to block me or sue me lol

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar