Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some great products I bought the other day



Rimmel has a new lipstick collection: Colour Show Off. It's around ten lipsticks in different shades of pink. Since I'm always looking for a replacement for that perfect velvet collection Maybelline once had, I checked each one of them, testing their silkiness, velvet touch and off course their pigment. They all passed the velvet test: they were all smooth on my hand, non-glossy, velvet-like finish. Only one of them passed the colour test for me and that was the shade 020 Shake-Up. Colour is a personal thing. I personally love strongly pigmented pink. The lipstick makes my lips look smooth yet moisturised.

Price: around 9 euros.



I use Nivea Perfect Finish 01 on a daily basis. It has a high coverage plus I trust Nivea because it has been out so long. The only thing is that I have to spend 12 euros (sometimes 14 euros) on a tube every 2 months.

So I've tried a lot of potential surogates, such as Maybelline Mousse (but also expensive...), the cheap version of Maybelline Mousse by Essence, a powder that promised to cover like a liquid foundation, other liquid foundations by cheaper brands. Liquid foundations that were slightly less pricey, like Nivea Teint Delight...

Let me tell you what was wrong with all of these other foundations:

Mousse: comes off too easily + shows dry spots + shows lines after smiling.
Powder that should act as liquid: does not cover any blemishes + too much powder on face
Cheap liquid foundations: don't have very sofisticated shades: always too dark + come off too easily + don't smell very good, sometimes chemical
Any other liquid foundation: makes me look greasy + do not cover as well as Nivea Perfect Finish.

But...the other day I was going through the Essence stand checking things out real closely, when I saw a foundation called Stay All Day. I was annoyed that they didn't have the shade 01 in store anymore. I did bother to check out shade 02 and noticed it wasn't too dark. I tested it at home and I have to say: this may be the best foundation since Nivea Perfect Finish. And it's only a quarter of the price! Application went quick, everything was covered, it smelled nice, it sets quickly, it's compact AND it lasts long! 10 points for Essence!




More points for Essence! This eye-liner pen is shaped like a marker: it has a fine tip but if you want a bigger line then just use is flat. It says: 'for a precise line in deep black'. And it wasn't a lie! Application was easier, quicker and my eyes popped more than ever! Only the first time you have to press the tip a bit to make the ink come out.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar