Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

July 2017 Boxycharm: Cutie Pie

July 2017 Boxycharm: Cutie Pie, Blinc Electric Eyes Eyeshadow Palette, ColourPop Beeper, Bareminerals invisible light translucent powder duo, winkylux universal eyebrow pencil

I admit that I'm not the most patient person, so I was getting really antsy when Boxycharm sent me an email on the 5th that my box has shipped and the arrival date was pending for about a week and a half.  I kept wondering what the delay was about. I was obsessively checking my tracking everyday. Finally, I got the notice that it would arrive on the 21st! That's the longest I've waited for Boxycharm! But now that I have it, it feels like Christmas! 

This month's theme is Cutie Pie. I love the cute (pun intended) pie-themed design of the pamphlet of all of this month's items. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this month's products. Boxycharm is incredibly generous, especially when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. Here's what I got:

Blinc Electric Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
This palette contains 5 all shimmer shades full of neutrals and a bright violet. Let me talk to you how insanely pigmented these are. All of these shades are just swatched once. And the texture is so soft and creamy, I could not stop fondling it. This reminds me of the Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette without the mattes. In fact, when I tried this palette, I used the "Peanut Butter" shade from the PB&J palette as a transition shade between the crease and brow bone.

July 2017 Boxycharm: Cutie Pie, Blinc electric eyes eyeshadow palette, kylie ginger lip kit


July 2017 Boxycharm: Cutie Pie, blinc electric eyes eyeshadow palette
Blinc Electric Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

Project Beauty spray.set.GO Makeup Setting Spray
This setting spray is SO refreshing and made with wild chamomile, rose hips and green tea extracts to lock in your makeup. I put this in the test and sprayed it on to see if my makeup would withstand the 100°+ weather when Cecilio and I went to the state fair. Now I'm naturally a sweat-er, and my temples are the most prone to sweating. They definitely did sweat, but my eyeshadow and contour looked exactly the same at the end of the night, and my makeup was still hard and annoying to remove! So I would say this is just as good as the UD setting spray :)

bareMinerals Invisible Lights Translucent Powder Duo
Boxycharm was giving everyone either this or the bareMinerals sunscreen. I really wanted the powder duo and I was so happy that I got this! There are 2 powders, matte and glow (duh). I like to use the matte powder to set my concealed dark circles, and the glow powder to set my foundation before applying bronzer, blush and highlighter. This is perfect for traveling because I don't have to worry about the powders spilling like I would with the loose powders. Also, the packaging and design reminds me of the Hourglass powders (which I don't have but I know is much raved about).

WinkyLux Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil 
I'm a bit iffy about this product. I love how it has a pencil on one end and a spoolie on the other, and the packaging is cute. The shade is a dark brown, which is what I prefer for my brow products and it's pretty pigmented. I am just not liking the small triangle-shaped end because it doesn't make for a precise outline and application for my brows. I'll probably use this more once I run out of my Benefit, Precisely My Brow Pencil.

ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in "Beeper" 
I would never have gotten this shade for myself personally, but it does not look bad at all! It's a "greige" rosy nude with cool undertones. It didn't look shabby when I wore it without foundation, but I'm sure if I did it would look great. Other people received a ColourPop x Hello Kitty shade that was a hot pink, but I do have so many hot pink lippies so it's time for me to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. Although there is a part of me that wishes I got something in the Ultra Satin formula because it's way more comfortable for my lips. This shade is beautiful nonetheless and pleasantly surprised me!

July 2017 Boxycharm: Cutie Pie
Left–Right: ColourPop "Beeper", WinkyLux Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil, BareMinerals Invisible Lights Powder (Matte), BareMinerals Invisible Lights Powder (Glow)

Other than the eyebrow pencil, I'm overall pretty happy with my Boxycharm this month! I am looking forward to next month's box because it's going to have the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Palette vol. II. I love the shades but I'm a bit worried because of the mixed reviews (especially the negative).

Is there anything in this box that piqued your interest?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar