Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Day of Ruby Woo and my thoughts

Hold Me
Day 6 - in the red


Despite feeling rotten, I was determined to plug on with my red lipstick challenge and to go all out. On days like these, I usually shy away from life and if I wear any makeup it's minimal, no dramatics, no bright anything at all. Yet, times are changing. I was going to wear ruby woo, full strength, bold and proud ... and I did :).  


Mac Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick swatch  (ruby looks more blue toned in real life and not the bright orange red you see here) 
Does this lipstick need any introduction? It seems everyone and their grandmother has Mac's Ruby Woo. The classic 50's matte red lip .. a red that suits everyone, every skin tone and lip shape. The only bad thing I've heard about this lipstick is its drying quality. I don't find it drying. However, I do think its a flaker and no I didn't exfoliate my lips beforehand but, my lips are pretty smooth and I rarely ever suffer from peeling, bleeding, scabbing or tearing lips. I can literally count on one hand the times I had drastic lip problems and I've been on this old planet for a relatively long time (pats tortoiseshell back). Thus, I conclude that Mac Ruby Woo flakes especially if you put on several coats, then again it could be me ... yes maybe its is me lol (further experiments will rest my case,  so until then *testing testing*). 


Mac Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo  
Ruby Woo the Colour + longevity 
Mac Ruby Woo is very bright but, depending on the lighting it can look ... orange based or blue based. I find that in the sunlight ruby woo is very orangey however, in the cool shade of trees and buildings it can look deeper darker and bluer. Either way it provides a pout to be proud of. It does have long lasting capabilities because it survived me guzzling down a ice lolly and a soft drink. However, a ice cream cone ended most of its existence. I say that's pretty good. I did reapply throughout the day though, which is fine but to say it lasts my eating sessions would be untrue. Going back to the colour I think it works with all skin tones and shades. I didn't use a lip pencil or anything underneath today in these photos, just the good old fashioned lipstick to bare lips method (not even a lip balm or brush) so all these photos show Ruby Woo in its raw state 'grrr'

My thoughts about wearing Ruby Woo
It felt good to wear an obnoxious red. Especially on a day like this, a day that would make me shrink back my flowers to the wall. Nope, there was no time for hiding, I caught glimpses of ruby woo in my mirror under the suns gaze and felt vindicated. Life didn't have to be a state of reprimand and secrecy. It was OK to show who you really were, your flaws, your dreams, your insanity. Revealing failures can enable wounds to heal, making you stronger than before. In the grand scheme of things wearing a lipstick is an insignificant thing but, it made me feel like I had made an imprint on my scenery and a statement about my place in life, to me. I was no longer the girl who wanted to hide but, the one who didn't mind to be seen. I even took some lip snaps outside in public (something I have never done before) as evidence and a token of my day in Ruby Woo. 

Mac Ruby Woo Lip Swatches outside 
more swatches and pics 
Quick Review 
Pros
Provides intense colour/pigmentation
Smooth application
Pleasant vanilla smell
Has long lasting capabilities 
Seems to suit various skin tones 
A true matte (if you don't like sheen you'll like this) 

Cons
Flakes

Current retail price: £15 (I bought mine last year for £14/£14.50 in store). 

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Kaolin, Ceresin, Paraffin, Isononyl, Isononanoate, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/ Cire de Carnuba, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Vanilliin, Tocopherol,Glyceryl Linolenate, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 43090), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake, (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360) Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]. 


Do you own Ruby Woo? Do you like, love or hate it? Do you wear its on its own or do you apply other products with it? Do you have any dupes or is Ruby Woo really a one of a kind shade? 

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated :O)
xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar